
Well, my husband has now joined me as a member of the "Over the Hill" club. He turned 40 last Sunday and did it with a smile. After a month and a half of planning a surprise birthday party for him, he informed me last week that he would not be home on Saturday (the day I had planned the party). I spent an evening of pulling my hair out, on the phone with people

trying to get him out of at least some of what he needed to be
at for the weekend, and then finally having to let him in on the secret. Though I had to cancel the party, his college roommate and family came from Rockford, IL for the weekend. We had a great time with Phil and Rhonda, Isaiah and Olivia and managed to have Jon home for a little bit. Mark and Gretchen Young, Abby, Eric and Joe drove up from Rochester. They couldn't stay anywhere near as long

as we wanted them to, but when the birthday boy wrecks his own party, we did what we could. While it wasn't what we planned, we went with it and enjoyed the weekend tremendously and were sorry when they had to leave.
I don't believe my husband looks a day over 35 (hehe), and I love him more today than the day he married me! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HON!
No comments:
Post a Comment