High Calendar (Red=Jon, Pink=Amy, Blue=Josh, Purple=Jamie, Green=Jared, Grey=Kids, Orange=Family)

Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Highs with nothing to do!

It has been one of those weeks that we are actually saying was dull. No games to get to, no practices to be at, no camps to run. It was a wonderful week of coming home from work, thinking about what to make for supper (yes, I do occasionally cook), and just enjoying being home. I told Jon that I am storing these days in my head to remember come November when life can't get much busier.

Jared went up north with a friend for 4 days this week. It was a big deal for him as he usually gets very homesick and we end up having to go and get him, but he made it and we are very proud of him. He said he had a ball.

Josh is at my parents house up north fishing with Grandpa. He loves going up there and from what my mom tells me, he really is low maintenance while there. We are heading up there for a long weekend on Thursday of this week and will bring him home with us.

Jamie has enjoyed being an only child for a little while with the boys gone. She hasn't gotten kicked off the big TV, hasn't been picked on by her brothers and has enjoyed having some one-on-one time with us. It has been very quiet with no fights to break up, but I am pretty sure deep, deep, deep down, she misses them. (I am also pretty sure she would never admit that!)

Jon has gotten some things done around the house and some much needed rest. Camps are done for him and he is now starting to prepare for his second year at Crown. If the first year was any indication - I'm sure it will be another good one for him. His basketball team can only get better and he is looking forward to a lot more wins. He seems very content right now and for that - I am thrilled! When he is happy, so are we!

As many of you, I'm sure, saw the tragic events that happened here in the Twin Cities with the bridge collapse, it has been a time to reflect on how precious every minute of every day is. We wanted you to know that we appreciate and love all of you and are so very grateful that you are in our lives.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: