High Calendar (Red=Jon, Pink=Amy, Blue=Josh, Purple=Jamie, Green=Jared, Grey=Kids, Orange=Family)

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Crazy, Crazy, Crazy!

Well, after this weekend, I am pooped! It started on Friday night with Jon having a home game. Not a fun one but luckily it is almost over. Saturday morning came way too early with the loudness of my alarm clock ringing at 5:21 AM! Jamie and I left the house by 6:30 to get to her first game of the weekend at 7:30 in Chaska. It was a great game with her team coming out on top by one point! We then left from there immediately to head to Fridley where Jon had taken Jared for his games at 9:00, 11:00 and 1:00. They ended the tournament in 2nd place and looked great! The plan was for Jon to take Jamie and Jared with him and drop Jamie back at Chaska for her 4:10 game and then head to Crown for his 5:00 game. That is when things started to fall apart. He got out to his car and found that it was dead. Got me on the cell before I had gotten to far as I was heading to St. Paul for Josh's 4:10 game at Concordia University. I turned around and tried to get his car jumped - but no such luck. We had to buy a new battery, but because of some "green stuff" surrounding the bolts on the old battery, could not get it out from under the hood. We all piled into the van and had to get Jon to Crown, Jamie to Chaska and then out to St. Paul for Josh's game which I got to see all of the last 5 minutes of. THEY WON! Josh and I then got back to Crown for the last half of Jon's game which they didn't win! With the help of Michele Hunter who picked Jamie up in Chaska after her last game, we all arrived back home at around 9:30 pm!

Sunday dawned bright and early as we headed to the early service at church then went straight to Chaska for Jamie's 12:00 and 2:30 games. They didn't do so hot in either game, but played hard. We left from there to head back to Fridley where Jon's cold little car awaited us. After some pounding and wrenching plus one trip to the nearest Home Depot, the drained battery was finally replaced with a shiny new one that got that little car going once again. Jon and Josh were off to St. Paul for his 6:30 game while I took the other two home to a not so happy puppy and piles and piles of dirty laundry.

With my washer and dryer full, my puppy fed and lunches being prepared, I sat down to do my weekly post and realized I had forgotten my camera this whole weekend sitting on my desk - thus NO PICTURES!!

Next weekend looks so wonderful to us as Jon is the only one with plans with the Region tournament at Pillsbury. Getting through this week will be a chore, but extremely quiet compared to our weekend. We are happy to be home and hope you all have a great week!

No comments: